August 28, 2012

Weaving: Fiery Scarf

A new one wooven scarf for my autumn collection of gradient scarves!
This one made in shades of fire (as I see it). Though the yarn colorway is called Oaks Bottom.
 


It is made in the same pooling technique as the last one and I'm just falling in love with weaving  this way so probably there will be a lot of similar scarves soon :)

 
I was planning to use a gold color thread of tencel for a weft. But when I received the package the yarn wasn't really gold - it was more like green-mustard shade. Fortunately, it still could work with this scarf.

So:
p.s. There will be another one gradient scarf soon in purple-violet shades! Yummy! Stay tuned :)

Kate

2 comments:

  1. It is lovely - both the colors and textures are exquisite. I somehow do not see it as fire - looks more like autumn oak leaves to me. But of course it is very individual.

    Can you show the process of weaving when you are in the mood to take pics? I am very curious. I have looked at your loom, looks interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Oak is more possible as it is the name of the colorway actually :) Maybe I want to see fire (or planned to see it) in this scarf, but the tencel yarn wasn't the shade I was planning first. Probably it is really more autumn oaks than fire now..
      It is a great idea to make a few photos of the process! I'll try to, but usually I weave when my husband at work.. Will find something out :) thanks for the idea!

      Delete