October 1, 2012

Release: Butterflies in Nets Pattern

 It's been a while since my last post here. It's all because we have a vacation. Finally  :) A really short 10 days that we spent in Ukraine where my husband and me are from with our families. These days past so quickly that I even thought that maybe we shouldn't go there if we have such a short vacation... Besides, jet-lag is just terrible this time. It's been a week since we are back in California, but I still wake up at 5 a.m. %)

Ok, I have something to show. I finished this pattern of knitted shawl, literally, at the last minute. First I was going to write it down after we will back. But as I can't sit and doing nothing - so I started to write it at the last day before vacation. I finished it at the evening... And got up at 4 a.m. to go to airport. That was a crazy idea actually :) I shouldn't hurry that much with the releasing. That's why there was one mistake in the written instructions and I'm really sorry about that. It's all fixed now so don't be worry.





The pattern is really easy actually. You don't have to look at the instructions or charts all the time: it is pretty memorable and you will remember it after a few rows.

I made this shawl with Valley Yarns 8/2 Tencel in a lovely gold color. I bought this yarn for weaving scarves but I like how it looks in knitted fabric also - so shiny and sleeky :)  Besides I really like to knit with very thin yarn. But this shawl will be good with any yarn. Though I would recommend to use silk blend yarns (or tencel blends) for that shiny effect to butterflies.

Here is some photos:



You can buy this pattern for $6.00  here

Or here on Etsy
It is a PDF File with writing instructions and charts.

Take care,
Kate



2 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful! I'm halfway done with mine. Too many distractions with my spinning wheel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again :) Hope to see your creation soon - I'm sure it is perfect!

      Delete