November 8, 2012

Dreaming of cold days..

It is still pretty warm in California... I really miss autumn from my childhood - with cold wind and bright orange and red leaves. I also miss winter, of course. And though it's not that cold here in winter I really want to knit something cozy, that would remind me cold snowy days.
And what can be more winter-style than sweaters with Norwegian pattern? I always wanted one since I was about 8 years old. And a few weeks ago suddenly I decided to knit one for myself. Well, I thought it was suddenly. But then I remembered that a few days ago from that day I saw a picture of mine in a lovely sweater with such pattern. I'm a little 6-yr old shy girl on it and I  remembered that I loved that sweater sooo much. I was wearing it all the time! So probably when I saw that picture something is clicked in me, even though I didn't realised it at first.

So I picked a pretty easy variant: a jacket with short sleeves and norwegian pattern designed by Drops. Easy because I also used the original yarn they suggest - Drops Baby Alpaca Silk (btw, I really like it :)). I chose a Brown as the main color and Blue Gray, White and Black as a contrast colors.

I must say that this sweater was actually the first one serious project. I mean with real sleeves, with jacquard pattern, with buttons :) As I usually knit something that doesn't really need any measures (like shawls, for example) this project was very interesting for me. I was excited about every part of the work...
And here is what I have now :)
 




Also, I've started to knit the matching wrist warmers yesterday. I think they will be a good addition to this jacket :)

While I was knitting that one I decided to knit also a sweater for my little sis. It is her birthday in a two days so that could be a great gift.
We discussed everything and she picked also a Drops design - Ivalo.

The colors are light blue, dark blue and pink. I was sure that this will be a fast knit as the yarn is pretty heavy for me (btw, it was Drops Karisma ). And I was right - I ended it in a three days :)

I have to say that I used 3.5 mm needles to make sweater a little smaller than S size. But it doesn't really help that way. Though it was very comfortable for me.



This sweater is veeery cozy, with long sleeves to hide your hands in it.. I just love it! And I even feel a little sorry that I have to give it away. But since it will go to my little sis - I am very happy also. Hope this sweater will warm her up for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment