September 16, 2011

My first one laced shawl

Hi there!
Today I want to tell you about this shawl - Kiri.

It was my first big knitted project. At that time I was not actualy a knitter. All that I've knitted for that period was some socks and maybe some simplest scarf.
So when I saw these knitted laced shawls I was sure that I never-ever will be able to make such beautiful thing. So I was just looking at them in somebody's projects and was a jealous to that talent.

But someday in LJ knitter's community I've read that knitting such laced shawls is very calming process and you just can't stop making them. It was interesting for me too. So after that I decided to try to make one of the simplest shawl - Kiri.
And you know what? It took only 10-15 minutes to fully grasp all unusual aspects of knitting triangular shawl. And that was it! I was kind of angry that I haven't done that before - a few months or maybe even half of a year ago.
And after that I was convinced that it is almost impossible to stop knitting these shawls. I was like an addict :)


This one shawl made of blend of 50% merino/50% tussah silk in a vanilla color.
And actualy the shawl that I have on photos was gifted to my mother in law. She was very happy with such gift.

You can find this Kiri shawl in my shop here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/74888098/made-to-order-handknitted-lace-vanilla
I'm making such shawl only to order in my shop. You can choose any color you want (it is realy big palette there), convo me on Etsy and just give me couple a weeks to make it :)

Take care!
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment