September 15, 2011

Crochet doily (bruges lace)

Hi!
I decided to start my posts from this doily.

Actualy, I don't remember when I started to crochet. I think I was about 10-12 years old. Interesting thing that any one of my family or friends can't crochet at all and I don't remember how I learned it. But I remember that when we had that "crochet lessons" at school I was already good in crochet and I was helping all my friends.
This doily I made this spring. I found that it has unusual form and geometric style so I can't pass it.

Oh, yes. It is a bruges lace - one of my favorite style of crochet lace ;) 

And a photos of one more doily made in brugges lace. I love-love-love this one!


That's it! :)

7 comments:

  1. Too beautiful for words! Looks a bit like bobbin lace to me - like Vologda - but it is my understanding that the techniques are different, is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes, it is two different techniques - this on is just crochet but it looks like bobbin lace, you are right :) And I think it looks like bobbin lace because I use a tiny (1 mm) hook for it

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work :) Where can I find pattern for these doilies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where I can find the patt

      Delete
  3. I've been searching for a pattern for a bruge lace doily for the past 3 years! I would love to have the pattern to the flowered one. Where can I find it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with the 2nd piece. Can you let me know where I can get the pattern pls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amo,bruges,crochê...minha vó fazia;aprendi só de vê-la fazer...acho lindo bilro e tricô, mas ñ sei, fazê-los...😔 obrigada por mostrar o seus trabalhos,abraços, DEUS a abençõe.

    ReplyDelete