May 17, 2012

My Fantasia...

Hi!
A few days ago I've finished a great  wedding shawl - it is an Ice Fantasia by Anne Hanson
The pattern wasn't very easy actually. First few charts was a little illogical for me and I couldn't remember them at all :) It was a bit challenging... But when I came to last charts of body - the work start going easily.

The border wasn't very easy too. I didn't really understand why it was always k2tog and none of ssk. This way it would be easy to remember the pattern I think, but I decided to work directly as pattern says. So the border took about 4 days which is almost the same as all body of the shawl.





Of course when the work was finished and shawl was blocked it came so nice that I fell in love with it and forgot all the unpleasant details.


The shawl is pretty big too, but I'm a tiny girl so don't be afraid about the size :)




The really nice detail in this shawl is a shoulder shaping. It was absolutely new to me and I've never seen anything like this in any other shawl. But it is very useful detail and I think I will use it again someday :)

Yarn: The Woolen Rabbit Lark Lace (lace weight blend of Baby Alpaca /Silk/Cashmere)
Needles: 3.5 mm



That's it! This is my Fantasia :)

UPD: I can make the same one for you :) Look here!

Take care!
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment