April 29, 2013

Pistachio braids

A few weeks ago I bought a very pretty cotton yarn for my spring and summer creations. It is a Knit Picks Shine Sport (60/40 cotton and wood fiber). Amazingly soft yarn with a very slight silky touch. Usually I'm not a huge fan of cotton yarns because they are dry and even though it's soft - I don't like to hold it in my hands for a long time (I mean while knitting). But this blend was very comfortable for me and from now on it is in my favorite yarns list :)

So I bought a few balls of Pistachio colorway and a few of Serrano.

I decided to use a Pistachio first and I really want to make something with braids, not lacy. Probably I just got tired from all the lace projects lately.

So here is what I've got:


The sweater took exactly 350g of that lovely yarn on 4mm (US 6) needles for my tiny XS size. The color is more green then on the most of the photos. It is a difficult shade to caught.

I made an I-cord on the neck (not a ribbing as on the sleeves and body) because as for me it makes the whole design a little easier and lighter. Better for spring :)


I decided to keep this sweater for myself. I have to say a terrible thing - I don't wear knitted stuff that I make. I knit them and that's it. I almost never wear it. But this sweater is absolutely different story. I want to wear it all the time! Though we are already have a pretty warm weather here in California and it is comfortable to wear it only at the evening.

Soon I'll be knitting the same sweater for my sister-in-law in a lovely Dandelion colorway and I hope to show it here as well :)

And for those who reached the end of this post - here I am with this almost innocent look :)


You can order this sweater by visiting my Etsy shop. There is a lot of available colorways and I can make it just for your size ;)

Have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. chaltulencho2yahoo.com3/06/2014 1:37 AM

    this is very nice I am very interested to make this hand made , but I have no like this kind of material and please how can I get it, my P.O.Box 145143 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia thanks

    ReplyDelete