April 5, 2013

Mom's laced pullover

A few months ago my mom asked me to make her a laced pullover for spring and early summer. She already found some pattern in Russian knitting magazine and I just have to choose suitable yarn for this project.
I was hoping to find some blend with 1) cotton or 2) vicose (rayon) or 3) bamboo as these fibers are perfect for summer knitting.
I made three swatches and somehow the winner was Viscose/acrylic 60/40 blend - Mallorca from Ice Yarns. I have to say that I was pretty sure that Acrylic will make this yarn awful. But.... The yarn is really good and soft, nice to skin and pretty cold because of rayon (perfect for hot days). I like it so much that I also making myself a jacket with it :)

The chocolate one for mom's pullover. Chocolate leftovers and baby blue - for striped jacket for myself.
The pattern was very easy and it took me about 4 days to finish it.
Unfortunately I have no good photos of this pullover at all ;( All photos I made are pretty dark (as it was evening already) and no modelled photo.. But I have no other options as I was going to the Post office next morning and have send it away.
So that is all I have:
And here is a sneak peek of my striped pullover. It is just the beginning but at this moment it's almost done and I hope to show it here soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment